These are just some development-related links and articles I have read in the last weeks which I think are worth mentioning:
- How to protect a website powered by Jetty: ’nuff said, I guess.
- Best development book I’ve read, has no code in it: I haven’t had time to read the book mentioned in the article – Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman – yet (I am currently reading the awesome “T. rex” and the Crater of Doom) but that one went straight to my Amazon wish list.
- Notes from a job seeking Software Developer: as part of my job, I interview a lot of people, please read it. There’s some really good tips there.
- This paper gave birth to REST: Architectural Styles and the Design of Network-based Software Architectures. A must read for architects out there.
- And, since we are talking about architecture, you may want to read about the Hexagonal Architecture. It is the kind of text I wanted to have read years ago, it could have made my life easier at certain points in my life.
- What every C programmer should know about undefined behavior: I don’t code a lot in C these days, but I still have a lot of interest about the language. There are 3 articles, this is the first part.